Your morning routine can take a turn for the worst if seconds after applying your moisturiser, you notice dry, flaky skin.
Whilst your instincts will probably be to add more cream and try to rehydrate the skin, the dry patches might actually be indicative of the fact you have missed out a critical cleansing step: exfoliation.
Exfoliating is essential for three reasons:
- It deeply cleanses the skin, dislodging build-up in the pores and helping to break up white heads.
- It smooths and refines the skin’s texture, giving it a soft, supple look.
- It enhances blood flow to the face, giving the appearance of a fresh glow.
Of course, if your skin is exfoliated and fresh, your other products will work more effectively and your skin will look fantastic.
At Pure Beauty we have some brilliant defoliators from Dermalogica and something for all skin types.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a unique, rice-based powder that is suitable for all skin types. This product is gentle enough to use everyday and the main benefits are:
- Rice Bran and Rice Extract help regulate melanin production whilst clearing away dead cells.
- Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes to smooth the skin and accelerate cell renewal.
- The skin-brightening ingredients of Bearberry, Aspergillus, Grapefruit and Licorice help balance uneven pigmentation.
- A soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal calms inflammation, leaving the skin extraordinarily clear and refreshed.
Use this product after cleansing and before moisturising for results that will really make a difference to how your skin not only looks but also feels.
Daily Resurfacer combines Hydroxy acids and enzymes with botanical skin brighteners and hydrators to resurface, smooth and brighten the skin without causing irritation or redness. This brilliant three-in-one treatment also helps reduce the signs of premature ageing and evens skin tone and balances pigmentation.
The product comes in sealed pouches to prevent waste and contamination, whilst a sponge evenly distributes the treatment and adds to the effectiveness of the resurfacing process.
The recommended way to use this product is:
- Cleanse with prescribed Dermalogica Cleanser.
- Pat dry.
- Hold the Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer pouch between thumb and forefinger, firmly squeeze middle to dispense product.
- Hold pouch between index and middle fingers and apply in circular motion to face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Allow to dry for 2-3 minutes and then apply Dermalogica Booster or Dermalogica Moisturiser.
- One thing to remember is that this product isn’t advised for users of medically prescribed exfoliation products and shouldn’t be used on skin that is sunburned, irritated, sensitive or has recently been waxed
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant is a gentle, non-abrasive exfoliation treatment. It is best used twice a week on all skins expect those that are environmentally sensitised.
Many customers love this product because it is super-gentle, non-abrasive but still removes the debris that dulls the skin and really does help improve the texture of their skin.
Alpha hydroxy, Lactic Acid, beta hydroxy Salicylic Acid and natural fruit enzymes work together to removed those pesky dead skin cells and also help stimulate skin renewal. Extracts of Lavender, Aloe Vera and Coneflower help reduce sensitivity and soothe skin leaving it looking soft and fresh and ready for whatever the day ahead throws at you.
If you’re not sure which exfoliant is best for you, our trained staff at Pure Beauty will be more than happy to help you make the right choice.