To tone or not to tone is a beauty question that has been asked for many years.
Toners (sometimes referred to as astringents) have had bad press in the past mainly because they were packed with harsh ingredients like alcohol that irritated and dried out the skin.
However, fast-forward to today and the beauty industry is a totally different landscape and toners have come into their own. Using a high quality toner that has effective ingredients is key to an effective daily skincare routine and at Pure-Beauty we have something that works for pretty much everyone.
Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner is a staple product in the range with a firm fan base for good reasons. This toner is made from a refreshing blend of skin-repairing Aloe, moisture binding Sodium PCA and soothing Lavender, Balm Mint and Arnica and when sprayed onto the skin will hydrate especially after cleansing. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colours, it is suitable for all skin types and as well as being great for everyday use, it is ideal for helping skin after flying. This toner is most effective when used after performing the Dermalogica Double Cleanse followed by an application of your regular Dermalogica Moisturiser.
The Dermalogica Antioxidant HydraMist is a refreshing, antioxidant toning shield that helps to improve your skin’s texture whilst also intensely hydrating dry, dehydrated skin. The benefits of this amazing product include:
- Supplements skin’s protective barrier by creating an active antioxidant shield to fight damaging Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS – also known as Free Radicals).
- White pea extract creates instant firming action to lift and tighten the skin.
- Rose and Clove extracts comfort and refresh skin leaving it soft and breathable.
- Helps prevent the signs of aging caused by damaging sugar/protein reactions in the skin.
- Hydrates facial skin so that the appearance of fine lines associated with dryness are reduced and faded.
Spritz the mist directly onto face, throat and neck with eyes closed after cleansing and before you apply your moisturiser.
Dermalogica All Over Toner is a cool, refreshing, purifying spritzing toner that is perfect for acne prone teenagers skin or adults who suffer with breakouts. Bursting with twelve gentle botanical ingredients, not only does this toner refresh and energise the skin it also revives it leaving it soft and more manageable than ever.
The ingredients found in the toner include:
- Salicylic Acid, which exfoliates surface skin cells and reduces the inflammation often associated with acne
- Saw Palmetto, Sesame Seed and Moroccan Argan Kernel Extracts: come together to normalise sebum secretion
- Tea Tree is a natural antiseptic and antimicrobial that kills bacteria and Hamamelis Virginiana Water is a cooling astringent and antioxidant
- Orange Peel and Lavender soothe and refresh the skin
After cleansing spray/wipe over entire face and neck as well as other parts of the body that are prone to breakouts. Allow the product to fully absorb before moisturising and follow the same steps morning and evening ensuring all make-up is removed before going to bed.
Dermalogica UltraCalming Mist is a soothing toner that provides hydration and defends against inflammation. A specially created combination of products helps reduce sensitivity, redness, irritation and inflammation.
This easy-to-apply spray can be used after waxing and exfoliation and the skin benefits from the soothing agents found in Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice. Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Fruit Extract is found in this product and its antiseptic and disinfectant qualities can help desensitise the skin helping it to recover from damage and lipid barrier breakdown. When used after cleaning this product can help condition skin and prepare it for maximum moisture absorption.
The only decision left to made is which toner to go for.