Shaving is one of the most widely-used hair removal methods for both the face and the body, and yet if it is not done correctly it can leave your skin dry and irritated, with ingrowing hairs, cuts, rashes and burns.
As the razor cuts the hair at the skin’s surface rather than removing it from the root, it is also a method that can only offer short-term results. This makes it essential to have a shaving routine that respects your skin and treats it gently, as frequent shaving can severely damage and irritate your complexion.
Problems can occur when a razor is used without lubrication or when too much pressure is applied to the skin. Shaving against the direction of hair growth can also be damaging, as can using a blunt blade. It is important to avoid rubbing or scratching the skin as well as products that could irritate it, such as cologne.
The Dermalogica Shave System has been designed to prepare the skin for shaving:
• By removing dead skin cells and allowing for a closer, smoother shave (Daily Clean Scrub)
• By softening the hairs and shielding the skin (Pre-Shave Guard)
It also allows you to shave without fear of causing rashes or burns:
• By soothing the skin and providing adequate lubrication for a comfortable shave (Soothing Shave Cream)
Finally, it conditions the skin post-shave to keep it looking great:
• By cooling and moisturising the skin and providing shine control (Post Shave Balm)
• By preparing for the day ahead, offering protection, moisture and protection from the sun (Daily Defence Block SPF15).